Why Choose a Migration Agent?
You do not need to use a migration agent to lodge a visa application. However, if you choose to use an agent, we recommend that you use a registered migration agent. A registered migration agent is obliged to act in the best interest of clients. The Migration Agents Code of Conduct is set out in legislation to regulate the conduct of agents. It prescribes the obligations towards clients.
As a registered migration agent, you must:
- Being at least 18 years of age
- Being of “good character”
- Being an Australian citizen or permanent resident, or New Zealand citizen with a special category visa and
- Hold a current Australian legal practicing certificate or a Graduate Certificate in Australian Migration Law and Practice.
Why using a registered migration agent?
- Working as a Registered Migration Agent (RMA) can mean assisting clients in making one of the most important decisions of their lives: helping them migrate to Australia.
- The Migration Act 1958 and its associated Regulations govern Agents’ registration requirements and Code of Conduct, while the profession itself is regulated by the Office of the Migration Agents Registration Authority (OMARA).